PDA

View Full Version : How to create animate smoke tentacles?

Roy-Yon
03-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Hello people! I'm working in a videoclip and they ask me to create a smoke monster ^^U

I tried using particular and the results were good, using a light emitter to create something like a tentacle and simple points for the body, the problem is when I try to animate the tentacles, as they are lights I can not modify the position of the point in any frame... so...

┐Any ideas or clues? ┐How can make smoke tentacles, using particular I prefer, that I could animate?

suztv
03-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Instead of using lights - use a layer as the emitter. You should be able to use several layers etc if you need to rig it. It might take some experimentation but I believe you should be able to accomplish what you need by doing that.

Roy-Yon
04-22-2010, 04:04 PM
At the end we decided to use the lights. With layers I could have more control, but with lights the final result is better, so the tentacles doesn't move at all (they only grown)

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2010, 04:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.