PDA

View Full Version : how do i model a female?

witchblade7896
03-26-2010, 03:18 AM
i have tried modeling a female and it comes out 50/50 but i don't want that, how do i model with clean topology. im new and going to school but the teacher does not know about that in a way i can under stand. hope any of you can help.

Psyk0
03-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Your question is a bit funny, there's no definitive tutorial on how to model a human. What you need is technique and anatomy knowledge. Start with building proportionally correct female or male, no need to worry about making it super realistic.

Nyro
03-27-2010, 11:55 PM
You might want to check out the Topology Research threads. Tons of valuable hints in there.

Qwertyjuice
04-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Try having a look at studying a model that already exists. If it's a question of topology you can have a look to see where the edge-loops take you. If it's a question of aesthetics however, the only way to learn how to model people is to study anatomy, have good references and keep trying. It's something that you learn with time and practice.
Good luck!

Nyro
04-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Try having a look at studying a model that already exists. If it's a question of topology you can have a look to see where the edge-loops take you. If it's a question of aesthetics however, the only way to learn how to model people is to study anatomy, have good references and keep trying. It's something that you learn with time and practice.
Good luck!

On a related note: try asking your girlfriend (or female BFF) for some... err.. insights :beer:

YBourykina
05-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Are you making a base mesh first and then importing it into zbrush or mudbox for sculpting? Or are you just trying to use 3ds max/maya/others? How are you starting out? If you explain your pipeline maybe we can answer your question a little better.

All in all though, the most important thing about modeling a character of any kind is to have plenty of anatomy references. My teachers always told me unless I can name every bone and muscle in the body, I better have anatomy books in front of me when sculpting :)

Otroc
05-19-2010, 10:57 PM
I have found that learning the subtle differences in a female help to create a very feminine model. Examples- mouth difference, face more smooth not sharp planes,small back of head,
smaller area around rib cage, smaller cross sections in arms, hips wider across front of model,
shorter from side of model, pelvis tilts backwards slightly,etc etc etc. Beauty curves that repeat in harmony. Man appearance is built for strength. Woman's appearance is of beauty and gracefulness.

dunkelzahn
09-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Check out WiroŽs tutorials on female body modelling on his site. Quite old, but very good tutorials, although youŽll need to have a firm grip of your modelling basics.

http://www.arildwiro.com/

DivineRAiN
09-12-2010, 11:36 AM
there's also the body topology thread here

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=7&t=108412

fantasizer
03-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Secrets of Swimsuit babe (http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/maya/swimsuitbabe/)

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2011, 02:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.