PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Reel

Carlo890
03-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Hey this is my student Demo Reel that I completely during my time at Full Sail University.

I would appreciate all and any honest feedback.
Thanks for watching.

http://vimeo.com/10422881

EricDLegare
03-25-2010, 07:52 PM
I think the "Toon rig deformation" part should be replaced by an actual demonstration of how the rig works ( a typical in-viewport recording ). The Toon deformation part doesn't show us anything interesting, ( and you already have a cool deformation rig in the begginging ).

So your reel is pretty cool, the only thing it's lacking is a "rig demonstration", and it seams you have a cool toon rig that you could showcase !

Keep up the good work !

edit : I just noticed that in your first Deformation part ( pretty cool presentation ), @0.21, the top-right image with the skeleton overlay, the skeleton's pose doesn't match with the mesh's pose...

Carlo890
04-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Thank you, Mr. Legar for your feedback. I will certainly fix all the things you mentioned. I didn't do a typical screen grab cause those are always so boring, so I wanted to try something new. I will think of a better way to show it off though.

Thank you again I really appreciate it.

EricDLegare
04-02-2010, 07:00 PM
I didn't do a typical screen grab cause those are always so boring, so I wanted to try something new.

Don't forget that a demo reel's purpose is to sell your skill to an potential employer, not entertain them :wip:

Of course you can make it interesting to watch by avoiding some common mistakes in screen grab reels such as :

- showing the same feature multiple times ( finger slider from thumb, finger slider for pinky... IKFK for left arm, IKFK for right arm etc.)
- confusing the viewer by showing to many different unrelated features together.
- sooooo fast that we can't really figure out what the rig is doing
- sooooo slow that it is "those are always so boring"
- a screen grab that inlcudes your windows start bar with some MSN messageboxes and random stuff that distract the eye

Good luck and keep working hard :deal:

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2010, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.