PDA

View Full Version : Blend Shape Deformation Order

Yarim
03-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi, currently Im having a problem with my blend shapes... I applied some blend shapes using paralell deformation order to a characters face... it worked like a charm... but when I tried to globally Scale my character I get what seems like double transformations on the characters face...

So I deleted the Blend Shapes... Then I tried to redo apply them using Front of Chain deformation order on my blend shapes... Scale works and no funky deformation what so ever... But the blend shapes now Cancel each other... I alter the nose blend shape and it cancels my other mouth blend shape for example....

So I checked my deformation order and found that there was a Tweak node is behind my blend shapes of the chain deformation order... in than checked another model I created that works and noticed that that tweak node is after my blend shapes.

So well I tried to redo this order on my messed up model and when I try to put the tweak after the blends I get this error:
// Warning: blendShape is not deforming (characters head)Shape.

Its not letting me change the order! What the hell?
Can somebody please help? its urgent!

Darksuit
03-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Everything is said with the understanding that I am just going by what you have posted. We as a community can only make better suggestions or more accurate information for fixing the problem if a screen shot or file is included. Screenshots should include the outliner and or the channel box with the offending mesh selected.

one reason you'd get the double transforms on your scale is your blend shapes more than likely are parented under the node that is scaling. That's the fast and easy solution (ie don't apply scale to the blend shapes. Just keep them in a group off to the side somewhere out of the heirarchy.)

Other things that you can also do, is look at unchecking the box for inherit transformations for the blendshapes.

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2010, 03:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.