PDA

View Full Version : Splicing two movies together in Adobe Premiere

Howi
03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
I've finished making a walk cycle, and I have a front view and side view rendered out, in seperate .mov files, along with the original individual frames for each.

I've seen examples in a couple of reels of the a rig being displayed with both the front view and the side view walking at the same time, and it looked quite good, as you could see much more of the walk cycle at once.

But I don't know how to 'splice' individual movies together, to create this.
I've seen plenty of examples of smaller screens being in one corner or the main screen that must have been put in via editing; it's essentiall the same principle I assume. I want to trim the sides off of my two movies, and put them together into one movie, so that I have a front and side view, walking in time with each other, on one screen.

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. I've tried trawling the net for a while and help files, but have met with no success, as one is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, and premiere itself is not really user friendly.

djivesp
03-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Hey dude,
after effects will give you that functionality, i don't remember finding a way of doing this in premiere :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2010, 01:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.