PDA

View Full Version : Render to texture using VUE?

omid3098
03-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi. I'm new to Vue and currently using Vue7 PLE.
just want to know if I have "Render to texture" feature here? or in other packages of Vue?
This would be just a test to understand some Vue capabilities for our needs.

Edit: now I'm Update to Vue8 PLE.

AFalk
03-27-2010, 06:33 AM
If you have the 3D Exporter module enabled in the Vue artist series 8 - 8Complete, or have Vue 8 Infinite/Xstream you definately have teh capability.

You bake the procedurals and/or lighting to the maps, and it works quite well. Give it a try.

Lsdinc
12-16-2010, 09:37 AM
If you have the 3D Exporter module enabled in the Vue artist series 8 - 8Complete, or have Vue 8 Infinite/Xstream you definately have teh capability.

You bake the procedurals and/or lighting to the maps, and it works quite well. Give it a try.

Please tell!!

Been trying for a while to get a texture out of VUE. Am currently trying to export the object so i can get the maps out but this does not really seem to be working.

Is there a way to bake the texture and then export?

I would really like to use my lovely Vue texture but I dont want to use Vue for rending.
Is there a way I can bake the textures out into maps?
I have tried:
Exporting object as obj but it failed
Render to texture from inside Max, failed
am currently rendering out a 8k render from top view and gonna try to apply that to my geo but I forsee problems with that also.

Is there a way to collaps the materials into one or two maps that I can just apply in max and that will be UV aware?

Thanks
Les

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2010, 09:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.