PDA

View Full Version : Character Animation Reel 2010

Rockalicious
03-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey guys, time for a new reel. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

ClaytonMiller Animation Reel 2010 (www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYSAxu87RuI)

Thanks!

HughBowen
03-23-2010, 09:46 PM
very good stuff... the colored bulbs things creeped me out like crazy.

Rockalicious
03-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Ha, thanks! I had wanted to do a version of them with giant fangs...

alaa-afifah
03-26-2010, 08:15 AM
good work man
keep...up

Mudokon83
03-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Right now its about 2mins long and i think you could cut some stuff, not necessarily bad stuff, but stuff that feels repetative of your skills and thats what your reel is all about.

id cut like the star wars thing out and the guy avoiding the falling balls, also the little kid turning on the light is great but splashing in the water leaves an odd end to your reel.

also the tv show characters, it feels like your showing off your skills but just repeatily showing off the same level with the multiple shots, so id cut that down to maybe 2-3 shots that you really think are great, then get rid of the rest. its like showing an apple, then an apple, then another apple. all three are consistently good, but you only really need one apple to get the point across.

nakimushi
03-26-2010, 08:07 PM
hey man
The part between 25sec and 1.15 is too long / it feels like I am watching a part of tv show
you could cut it and mixed a little better
also sometimes you don't have any music at all - sometimes just dialogs / feels a little confusing for me
The animations are nice - is just everything you have together is not well edited /
work on that and your reel will be really good

keep up a good work - like i said animations are good / ;)
best !!!

OP20
03-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Awsome animations! Though its a good idea to put your best work first and imo the first animation segment isnt nearly as good as what you have in the middle.
Yeah like the guys above said, cut and mix it a bit more :)

Rockalicious
03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks a lot for the sound advice guys, appreciate it! I do admit I rushed putting it together, I agree with everything said.

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.