PDA

View Full Version : Zoom in to Object

TTYO
03-23-2010, 05:13 AM
How do you focus on an object in Vue?

In Max we have the "Z" key which with focus on an object.

In Maya we have "F" key.

Wabe
03-23-2010, 08:20 AM
In Vue we have the frame icon - upper icon line, directly to the right of the little four spheres (four view toggle) icon. In the preferences (last tab) you can add a keyboard shortcut of your own choice to this - under display (when I remember it right).

TTYO
03-23-2010, 09:13 AM
I found it but it's greyed out?

Wabe
03-23-2010, 09:20 AM
What version of Vue are we talking about? And what are your display settings?

TTYO
03-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Version 8. And default display settings...

lateball
03-24-2010, 05:30 AM
Do you know if there's a setting so it will frame the object in the Main camera? For me it only frames in the orthagonal views.

TTYO
03-24-2010, 06:44 AM
??? Err.. Not sure but I did see that the frame object thing works in orthographic

jaygarrison3d
04-03-2010, 05:30 AM
I'm new to Vue myself and was wondering the same thing. I have a pretty simple but VAST scene. Camera has to start up very high and end up somewhere specific on the ground. And wow I see no way to control it. For this reason i'm doing it in Maya via vue xstream. But gotta say, that's been it's own headache.

Wabe
04-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Ok, slowly I understand. We talk about the camera view, not the orthogonal scene workflow views. Right?

The simplest, if you want to track one object is to bind t he camera to this via track - in the window where there is the material preview and the attributes are displayed you find three tabs. The last tab gives you all this - tracking etc. It is meant for animation but works very well for cases like this.

I wouls always do camera animations with this technique anyway. Link the camera to an object (cube for example) that is not rendered with the scene and then animate this cube. Much more potential in this, you can use the distance from camera to dolly object creatively and do a lot more interesting - and smoother - camera movements. Last but not least for all (most) camera animations, switch off the locked camera height to avoid unexpected things.

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2010, 07:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.