PDA

View Full Version : Showreel - Character Animator

jmvadell79
03-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi everybody,

I've just updated my showreel with the work I did at Kandor Moon Studios last year as character animator in the shortfilm "The Lady and the Reaper" recently nominated to the Oscar's Academy Awards.

This is the link:

http://vimeo.com/10242180

Thanks! :D

Cannonball
03-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Very nice animations! Nice acting and timing.

I saw 'Lady and the Reaper' just recently. I loved it! Loved the story and the characters. The only tiny nitpick I had was the second half of the short, the chase and such. No problem with the concept, but I felt the timing of that sequence was a bit off. It felt that it was meant as a 'Looney Toons' kind of sequence, but it didn't nail it for me. It felt 'too slow' or not 'snappy' enough? But that's just my two cents, because I still have to learn a lot to match up to the quality of the animation and storytelling of that short.

Your work is awesome. Looking up to it!

Eyemagic
03-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Really impressive work

I told you before, but I love the timing on your animations, and specially the appealing you give to the nurses :)

Congrats for the reel :beer:

KMcNamara
03-23-2010, 08:57 PM
hahaha your characters are very funny

jmvadell79
03-23-2010, 10:13 PM
thank you very much to everyone!!! :bowdown:

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2010, 10:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.