PDA

View Full Version : Lunch!

mozen
03-21-2010, 06:01 AM
Hi All,

Just finished a 30 second stop motion animation. I filmed it last Sunday and edited it together today.
Let me know what you think,

http://www.terryibele.com/lunch.mov or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMvQ1PgZW0M

Cheers

tomenas
03-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Cool! I like stop motion animations :) I have never done things like this, but there are few things You could improve. Avoid stop frames (everything should move always) . Maybe, try far and close shots. Moving camera (rotating table).

mozen
03-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks,
Now that I watch it more, I definitely see what you mean about the stop frames, it kinda takes the life out of the character.

mwgriffin
03-30-2010, 02:30 AM
That was pretty awesome man! Love the chubby babies part. Hilarious. The one part that detracted from the piece was, as anskrit said, the stop frames where you held a single frame for a while. I would also fiddle with the characters a little (subtly) while they are not moving to make it seem that they are alive (as nothing ever really stays perfectly still). I really like the style and the animation was really fluid and smooth (I like how the soup poured over the sides as he was walking). Keep up the good work mate!

Scazzino
03-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Nice job. I haven't done stop-motion animation for over 20 years, but I remember how time consuming it was. The one suggestion I'd have is to give more time to the last part. The chubby babies and lunch wizzed by so fast I didn't really follow it and had to replay it a few times to have a chance to see them...

mozen
04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the comments!
So Scazzino, I forced you to watch it multiple times eh? Haha, I know it flashed by really quickly. I was kinda going for the 'What just happened?' response.

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.