PDA

View Full Version : March Animation Challenge || Hofmeister

Hofycat
03-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Here's my blocking stage
http://www.youtube.com/user/BluePixieStick?feature=mhw4#p/a/u/1/MX5tsCvwbBE

livache66
03-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi Hofycat, first of all the first 5 seconds are boring ( when the 2nd and 3rd place are standing on the podium)i suggest moving the camera to the right a little bit and have the 1st place be shown in the background waving to the public and getting ready for the jump. also the dude with the flower should be in the right to direct the viewer's attention to the center of the shot ...
if u want to cut to another camera just do that when she starts running and place it in front of here and showing just the face while she is running and making all sort of funny faces ... maybe she realizes she will miss the shot ... i don't know ... try different stuff ...

those are my suggestion ... that is how i would have done it ... good luck and have fun animating :beer:

ivanlancaster
03-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Hey Hofycat,

Nice start. An interesting idea.

Here are some initial comments for ya:
The camera cut and camera moves are a bit odd. I think it would actually work better if you used the first camera position for the entire piece, and at the end cut to a wide shot so you can see where the jumping character lands.
I like the first part where it shows the 2nd and 3rd place people. You could shorten it to just about 3 seconds long and it will have the same impact, then, still on the same camera shot you see the winner running in and jumping up.
Check your timing on the jump but to me it is looking pretty slow, it's gonna look like that character is flying/floating in air when you go to spline.
I wouldn't have the character on the left part of the podium twitching so much, cos it draws the eye. It's a bit over the top and the timing is really really quick on those movements. It can just be some nice secondary action in the scene.

Keep at it!

-i

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2010, 09:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.