PDA

View Full Version : What are you using dynamics for?

danshewan
03-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Hey guys,

I thought it would be interesting to hear what everyone is actually using dynamics for in their daily work. I'd imagine that visual effects work is pretty prevalent, but surely there must be some white coat-types using dynamics for more scientific purposes?

What are you using dynamics for? Let's hear it!

destruct007
03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
great post! I use dynamics for all sort of things. I use it to make money. I use them to pick up chicks... that only worked once, and I married her... actually I didn't use maya dynamics for that at all. Oh there was this one time, where I was in a real jam. I parked in a lot that was $3 after 6pm and I forgot I didn't have and cache! Lucky for me I had a credit card... oh wait nevermind that wasn't dynamics but I did use it! Not Dynamics, my credit card. What was the question again?

Wick3dParticle
03-22-2010, 06:38 AM
great post! I use dynamics for all sort of things. I use it to make money. I use them to pick up chicks... that only worked once, and I married her... actually I didn't use maya dynamics for that at all. Oh there was this one time, where I was in a real jam. I parked in a lot that was $3 after 6pm and I forgot I didn't have and cache! Lucky for me I had a credit card... oh wait nevermind that wasn't dynamics but I did use it! Not Dynamics, my credit card. What was the question again?

HAHAHAHA... Dave, you may want to use that money you earned doing dynamics to take a vacation. From the sounds of that post, you have been working a lil too hard.

~Ilan

HowardM
03-22-2010, 12:25 PM
hehe David, too funny, come work in London man, you would bring some life here ;)

afraid most people cant say exactly what they use dynamics for, and many of those scientific dynamics guys are either too smart for the forums, or definitely cant let you in on their secrets ;)

destruct007
03-22-2010, 11:01 PM
sometimes I can't help myself. Some questions beg for a smart ass response and I restrain myself. But this one was too good. I love how open ended it is. Like, should I list every effect I ever did? hah.

On a side note, Howard, I am thinking about working in London next. I want to do only 2-3 months there. Go over, work hard on a project, travel around afterwards a little. Them go back to LA, so I can keep my apartment, and my wife can keep her job, etc. So PM if you hear of anything. :D

Aikiman
03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
yeah I have to admit I use dynamics to try and impress my wife but she just looks at it and laughs. She cant believe all that time I took to make something burn could have been used to cook her some dinner or play with the baby.

Oh well cant live with them...

danshewan
03-23-2010, 12:00 AM
sometimes I can't help myself. Some questions beg for a smart ass response and I restrain myself. But this one was too good. I love how open ended it is. Like, should I list every effect I ever did? hah.

The problem with smart-ass responses is that people usually come off as less of the former, and more of the latter. Shame, really.

rBrady
03-23-2010, 12:10 AM
We use dynamics primarily for medical illustration. Blood flows, insulin offloading, injections, etc. I have used dynamics for mechanical devices too. The first clip on my demoreel is a Dat72 tape drive. I used cloth to simulate the tape. I have done some realflow to simulate water and chemical spills/diffusion. Of course I have used cloth for a couple character shorts too. I have character that uses dynamic curves to drive her underwater/crazy hair thing. We probably have someone working in dynamics all the time. Most of us have an extra rendernode under our desk that we can use to sim/cache when we need too.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

ruchitinfushion
03-23-2010, 06:27 AM
I use all things @ work & i m doing this to make golden history in world to give revolution in every part of life .So,this is like my weapon to get freedom upon evil.And for money i want to say it's part of human economical management ,and we all are doing this bcz we are human but lion never do this bcz they are real king & never eat stored meal they like only fresh meat.So, be brave like lion not like human.

destruct007
03-23-2010, 06:48 PM
The problem with smart-ass responses is that people usually come off as less of the former, and more of the latter. Shame, really.

I completely agree it is a shame when people come off that way. Its taken me a long time to build it into an art so I'm always smart and hardly EVER and ass! WOOT for me!

I just hi fived myself. YES!

hkspowers
03-23-2010, 07:56 PM
I use all things @ work & i m doing this to make golden history in world to give revolution in every part of life .So,this is like my weapon to get freedom upon evil.And for money i want to say it's part of human economical management ,and we all are doing this bcz we are human but lion never do this bcz they are real king & never eat stored meal they like only fresh meat.So, be brave like lion not like human.

WTF are you talking about? lol I'm not kidding I seriously don't understand what your response means.

@David lol.

Aikiman
03-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I just hi fived myself. YES!

Dude I hope there was clear air with that hi 5, nothing worse than knocking over the office lamp in excitement!

ruchitinfushion
03-24-2010, 06:56 AM
WTF are you talking about? lol I'm not kidding I seriously don't understand what your response means.

Hey dude i can understand why r u not understanding my response.And if u want to understand then u need some info on philosophy of Nature rhythm.Best Of Luck

nathansims100
03-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Hey dude i can understand why r u not understanding my response.And if u want to understand then u need some info on philosophy of Nature rhythm.Best Of Luck Im confused as well. I'm sorry but only thing I got out of it was something similar to lion King. no disrespect intended. And david you're humor is brilliant.

DJ_
03-24-2010, 10:32 AM
I use dynamics to bullshit my boss. Whenever he comes to my computer and sees that nothing is happening I just say: "Shhhh... it's simulating... don't make any sudden movements..."

pix3lm0nk
03-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Hey dude i can understand why r u not understanding my response.And if u want to understand then u need some info on philosophy of Nature rhythm.Best Of Luck

we all live in a rhythm nation? *pop lock*

rBrady
03-24-2010, 05:07 PM

I have to confess this cracked me up. I think there is a huge cultural difference augmented by a language barrier. If your point is to dig deep into the software with a sense of adventure then I agree. Dynamics can be a bit inspiring at times.

ruchitinfushion
03-25-2010, 07:16 AM
yes,i always feel like i m in adventurous roller coaster ride when i do dynamics.And by using this ride i want to make golden history like Albert Einstein & for this ride i need help with support from you ppl.Enjoy...............

mandark1011
03-27-2010, 01:17 AM
I LOVE THIS THREAD....made me laugh out loud....ahhhh ok back to work.

sacslacker
03-27-2010, 06:55 AM
I think 90% of the people on this thread are high and I'm not, or maybe it's vice versa.... I'm very confused either way.

Aikiman
03-27-2010, 07:40 AM
I use dynamics to create an alternative world from what I live in now. The only problem is when I collide with something I lose all my per particle bits and my lifespan returns to zero and that hurts.

stooch
03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Boobies....

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.