PDA

View Full Version : Choice: Zbrush for mac or PC?

Zycho
03-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I'm currently running on an i5 iMac with 4Gb RAM, with snow leopard and win 7 through boot camp, and I'm considering getting zbrush to do some sculpting.

I was just wondering if there is any major differences between the mac and the pc version? I know the PC version is at 3.5 and the mac is only at 3.2. However does this mean that the pc version is newer, or just that the mac version started later, and thus has only reached version 3.2, though it is the equivalent of the 3.5 pc version?

I've read that 3.5 came with some major feature upgrades, and if the PC version constantly will be ahead of the mac version, I'll go with the pc version.

Thanks!

RichardMarklew
03-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Zbrush 3.5 is a more feature rich version than 3.2. The 3.5 version for the Mac has not yet been releasesd but has started beta testing and I'd expect it out by end April, hopefully. Note that historically the PC version is updated ahead of the mac version (except 3.2 for mac was released when the pc was still at 3.1), and in some cases this has been counted in years. The next release after 3.5 is v4 and pixologic have said that for future releases the mac and pc versions would be released at the same time, if you believe them.

Richard

planetaaron
03-20-2010, 05:22 PM
I too am suffering from this dilemma. My PC is not nearly as powerful as my Mac and I don't really plan on upgrading it as it's not my primary machine. However, as the previous poster alluded to, all I've read is that the Mac version is usually months and in some cases over a year behind and it makes the choice really tough.

I also have not been able to find a feature comparison on what is in the PC version vs. the Mac version, but I'm still looking and will post if I find something.

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2010, 05:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.