PDA

View Full Version : add attribute with -storable false

theflash
03-20-2010, 11:03 AM
I am having a bit difficult time adding an attribute with -storable false. Basically I want that attribute's value to not be saved in file.
But it seems that this flag is not working. When I add attribute and query it shows that it's not storable. But when I change the value and save, Maya saves the attribute value and turns it into storable attribute. So next time I query this attribute after re opening it shows that the attribute is now storable!

Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or there is a problem with mel command.

EDIT:
It seems it works in a simple file, but it is not working with my scriptNode. I am doing more testing and it seems that after reopening the file directly attribute becomes storable. So it seems to be a bit random behavior.

EDIT1:
It may seem strange, but if I save the file and re-open without closing it, attribute becomes stroable from non-storable. However, if I close the file by clicking new and then re-open it attribute behaves as non-stroable (desired result). Really strange!

theflash
03-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks for confirming. I will do that.

Keilun
03-22-2010, 03:10 PM
This is a bug in Maya. I would report it through your support channel to get it more visibility and possibly a fix. Otherwise (or possibly both), I would try to find a workaround for it.

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2010, 03:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.