this video took three days long , but i work on it somthing like 10 hours

used action essentials 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBBJn1aFe_A

Kavone
03-20-2010, 08:01 PM
nice work, but I believe this is the wrong section

PaulDeSilva
03-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Not bad. The thing that sticks out to me most is that at the cameras final position, you have so much depth of field that it's all looking like a miniature. When the camera whip zooms out, you're on such a wide lens that pretty much everything should be in focus (just look at your original plate). The other thing that's a bit strange is how the debris is floating off in all directions instead of down. Maybe there should be a bit more of it too? Hope this helps.

PureFX
03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
As above, you put too much DOF. Other buildings are not that far away to be this blurry - also, the right side of the beach is blurry all the way from bottom to top which makes it look fake. Instead, try shading buildings that are further away and make them look like they are faded out a little..play around with exposure, make it less vivid or add some fog etc.

The miniature problem always exist when you make an animation of a still picture. To get rid of that, create organic elements in the background (moving clouds or birds) and put something in the first plane (ice cream trolley?) that the camera goes through or around it. Putting those on the scene doesn't always make it look real - unless you leave some time till meteor hits your building. This way people have a chance to actually see that there are things moving. And don't zoom too much.

Also, the camera seems to be a little random. I mean, fast zooming and shake effect doesn't look right. It looks like the camera is waiting for the meteor to appear in the exact place. Replace camera movements by adding a smooth wiggler if you want to mimic a hand shake effect. To take it a step further, create a bright spot on the sky that announces something coming and then zoom to it - don't forget about going through or around something like described above when moving the camera/zooming to the bright spot.

Another thing you might wanna do to make your still image look 3D and get rid of the miniature effect is to cut your original footage into a few layers and move them in the Z space. You will be able to bring out some depth of the picture and of course it's gonna start looking good and realistic =).

Overall - the idea is good and you have some nice effects. It just needs a little bit of work to make it look real =).

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.