PDA

View Full Version : Object: sword: soulreaver- style

InKraBid
09-05-2003, 11:02 PM
Hi again all!

I see ppl making a lot of swords, so I thought I'd give it a go.
It's not something I'm gonna work a lot more on, but if you've got any sweets and spank, it's of course welcome. I put this up in about 3 hrs. with MAX 5.1. I used loft for the blade and boxmodelling for the shaft.
I'll post a wire ASAP.
http://www.portfolios.com/Pics/Danisud/Danisud_3_p.JPG

InKraBid
09-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Don't know how much you can see, but I had to post a wire, so..
Oh, yeah, it's about 8000 poly's.

Dantes
09-08-2003, 02:59 AM
In desperate need for details.Maybe you could attach chains end to the place where blade ends.or put some artefact on the end.Protecting the arm of a swordsmen.Try some scratches on the blade itself.Some bumps on the place where will be hand grip, like on the guns.

:applause: Its only one way up

InKraBid
09-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Hi again, I've played around with it some more, and did a simple thing with bump & splat. The idea is to make it look like gold-covered steel.
http://www.artwanted.com/images/large/5518_43039.jpg

Akkalis
09-10-2003, 07:41 AM
The tip of the blade is extremely thing, it makes it look fake. I think even hard steel wouldn't have any strength being that thin. The whole blade itself is really thin for its length, it puts me off, but that might be more of a design thing, so its your call.

Jerkazoid
09-10-2003, 07:59 AM
nice design, but its hard to crit style.

perhaps add some beauty curvature to the handle.. and there a term "human factor enginered" i think that has to do with eliminating carple tunnel syndrome when using a tool for a long time

dont throw it into a total slither but some bend... if at the least, i think a thickness adjustment somewhere along the handle would add more harmony to the design.

also perhaps the chain links need not be perfect circles.

also.. i have a friend who collects swords.. i think he mentioned what was in "Pirates" he mentions that the center of gravity should be right where the blade meets the handle.. or slightly above. Thats an intersting fact about sword making... if its actually true.

if so, your sword doesnt seems to be like that. (regardless of material) maybe make it look more balanced like that?
(increase the sword size and length a bit)

i agree some of the tapper becomes too sharp and would almost disapear on film/tv but changing that would effect the design. so i suggest leave it.

also the gold seems to go a bit into the green, makes it look like bronze i think..perhaps shift it slightly more yellow-orange (enough to negate the green feeling) but this could be the lighting.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.