PDA

View Full Version : timeWarp nParticle cache

sigraph
03-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi

I having a problem to archive time warped effect on cached nParticles. When custom anim node connected to the cacheFile Maya does not interpolate the particle position from the cache file (it does for nCloth cache with the same warp connected to nCloth cache and IIRC both uses the same n cache method)
If I cache a very basic particle scene, and just set to 2 the cache's scale attribute it does the same thing, only update every second frame.
Maya is version 2010 running on XP64.

Is it a limitation for nParticle, or just need some fancy magic?

Thanks
Andras

Duncan
03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Currently the nParticle caching steps rather than interpolates between cached frames, so slowing down the cache will not work well. This is partly due to the difficulties posed by particles being born and dying during the simulation. (there are some possible solutions, but none are implemented at the present time)

Duncan

sigraph
03-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks Duncan! Than back to the original particle system. I guess the Maya 2011 Scene Time Warp feature will be able to do what I need :)

Andras

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2010, 09:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.