PDA

View Full Version : recommend a system

shokan
03-18-2010, 12:09 AM
I have followed threads about Vue for a couple of years. Some people are adamant that it crashes often. Others say they've had few crashes, or none.

Aside from user errors (which actually shouldn't crash a software, in an ideal world), What are some recommendations for components Vue behaves nicely with and some that are best avoided. Or, just tell me your system which works well with Vue, especially xStream.

Thanks.

nPellegrino
03-20-2010, 07:15 AM
vue likes nvidia gaming cards, however, depending on the xstream host this can be problematic.

Fanko
03-29-2010, 01:32 PM
I just starting using vue on my iMac. I think this program needs at least 8GB ram to get a faster render.

Khansc
03-31-2010, 01:13 AM
I have a:
Pentium Dual Core E2220 @ 2.5ghz (it could go higher, but I'm limited by the motherboard)
2GB RAM DDR2 667mhz (will be 3GB in a couple of days)
ATI Radeon 4670 1GB

Using Windows XP 64bits with Vue 64 bits. Compared with the 32bits, it's much better. Very few crashes.

Somewhat satisfied with the performance, but I usually don't create very complex scenes, and don't care if a final render takes 24+ hours. I can always split the render in 2 or 4 parts to avoid crashing problems. Normally use the user settings to the final render, experimenting with the antialiasing settings and the overall quality around 55-60%, the resolution depends on the image, but it's something like 4000xsomething.

E-on should implement the ATI Stream and Nvidia CUDA technologies on the program.

villean
04-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Got an Nvidia card here and Xstream is very stable but when you start using it in Max it often chashed and even corups files you Max files.

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2010, 02:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.