PDA

View Full Version : NCloth Texturing - Please Help!

Spazette
03-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi :)
I'm working on a project using nCloth to make dresses. I've modelled my dress, and assigned different materials to different layers of the dress - different colours/patterns etc.

Obviously when I now turn the dress into an nCloth, it reverts back to 'lambert1' and all my texturing is gone.

Is there a way of transferring all the original materials back onto the new nCloth?

I've tried a dulicate of the dress, then 'transfer attributes' but it doesn't do anything.

Or is it possible to save all the materials on the original dress as one material, then re-assign that to the new nCloth dress?

I'm a bit new to texturing things so I hope I haven't done something completely stupid! But I'm really stuck with this so any help would be great :)

Castius
03-18-2010, 02:32 AM
When you apply nCloth it makes a new shape. So these new shapes may need to have the materials reassigned. If it's not to complicated i'd just redo it.

If you really want to reconstruct it you can try this. select your nCloth mesh. Under nMesh hit display input mesh. Use the hypershade to pick the original objects/faces you assigned to you're model.

Next look at our script window history. You will see long select command history. You can copy that selection into your script editor. Then do a search and replace with the new shape name nCloth made. It will be something like output1 or something like that. Rerun that command to get the new nCloth output shape selection. Then apply your shader.

Repeat for as many perface shader you have applied.

Spazette
03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
It worked!! Thank you SO much!!

Will have to remember that for the future :) Thank you!

bjohnston
07-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Unfortunately, this seems to be the kind of thing Maya has become reputable for...sadly other applications are moving in and leaving Maya behind.

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2010, 06:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.