PDA

View Full Version : Architecture: House

venkat
09-05-2003, 03:37 PM
PLEASE ADD A WIREFRAME AND SOFTWARE USED AS PER THE RULES -NEXT TIME IT WILL BE DELETED

Hello ,

:beer:

You have come to the right place to help me, i am doing a project!

plz feel free comment on the picture.

thank you. :wavey:

PLEASE ADD A WIREFRAME AND SOFTWARE USED AS PER THE RULES -NEXT TIME IT WILL BE DELETED

boboroshi
09-06-2003, 12:20 AM
I apologize if these comments are not what you are expecting, but six years of architecture school keep yelling at me as I look at this rendering.

parts of this rendering look like it's out of Sim City or something. I can't put my finger on it, but the texturing and lighting gives it that feel. I would focus on your materials. Are your shingles going to be green? I'd focus on getting some more realistic results out of those textures.

You can see the tile on the grass.

The downspout stops at over a foot above the ground level on the right hand side. And you would probably have a second down spout for a roof of that size on this side of the structure.

There is no curb.

Some of the building considerations seem just odd.

For example - you have a chimney apparently in line with a window, usually this would be offset as a chimney occurs behind a room wall. It appears to come up smack dab in the middle of a room.

The large windows to the left of the door - why are they set back? It doesn't make senese, especially as the detail is not mirrored on the opposite side.

There are no windows on the side of the garage or the far right hand side of the building. I don't know what that is used for, but the window setups look slightly odd.

Do you have a floor plan for this?

Why is part of the siding apparently stucco and then some of it apparently wood?

There is apparently no back yard...

I don't know. I mean, it's more the details that are slapping me around right now. I'd be interested to see the plans for this place....

bleu
09-16-2003, 08:56 PM
Hi!

Well, I don't know much about architecture, but I sure know a lot about texture and lighting, since i'm not sure how much texture is important in architexture i'll advise you in lighting only.
(a well lit project always add to the comp)

The main problem of your pict is that I don't feel the sun light (key light), it look like it come from the camera, very flat feeling. You should make it come from another angle and make it specular. There sould be a contrast between that light an the other you place to lit the dark area, those (fill) light should have much lower intensity then the sun (key) light, it's important that for the viewer those shade area stay shades. They must not have specular and you can give them a bluish tone for enhanced look (in reality outdoor fill light come from the sky that explain their bluish tone).

Hope it help!

:lightbulb

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.