PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Pro installation Guide, where?

danylyon
09-05-2003, 02:35 PM
I'm looking for some kind of step by step installation guide for win xp. I've once read a very good one on a gamers forum, I think, but lost the link. :(
It really explained every driver and tweak you had to go trough and in which order... (like inf installer / application accelerators etc.)

Anyone got a link?

MattClary
09-05-2003, 03:11 PM
Written by our own Gregg Hess. Not so much an "installation guide" as a "tweaking guide" I believe.

http://www.3dluvr.com/content/article/123

iC4
09-05-2003, 03:11 PM
hm, can you maybe explain why you need a guide for installing win xp?

I mean you just have to click maybe 5 times with your mouse and thats it?

after that install xp antispy and your system is ready.

or maybe I missunderstood you?

MattClary
09-05-2003, 03:24 PM
I THINK he meant a tweaking guide.

danylyon
09-05-2003, 03:32 PM
well I actually meant installation.

There are quite a few things you can do better than just throwing all drivers into a XP install.

Like.. as far as I remember you should first install mother board drivers.. or was it AGP drivers..?

MattClary
09-05-2003, 03:35 PM
Nope, it's pretty much a click through. You don't get to pick what drivers are installed during an installation. If you have a RAID controller or something similar, you might need to ADD drivers, but you can't opt out of any. You would install mobo and AGP drivers AFTER the installation was complete.

BadMange
09-05-2003, 06:44 PM
I used an install guide at ABX Zone (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=34558) and everything went smoothly. The guide explains which XP updates you should and should not install, as well as driver order, just like you want. Check it out.

-Bad Mange

danylyon
09-06-2003, 10:57 AM
Bingo BadMange!

That's exactly the one I meant! You just saved my day, thanks a lot!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.