PDA

View Full Version : Layout/formatting Issues!

mwgriffin
03-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Ok so I have notices two problems. First is with using the quote symbol. I have noticed many times in posts instead of a quote symbol " a &quote symbol will appear. Look at this first post of a thread that hit the front page just a little while ago: Quote Issue (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=863150&utm_medium=plugblock&utm_source=cgtalk)

Ok so the second issue is with formatting in the Wiki. Visit this link Wiki Issue (http://wiki.cgsociety.org/index.php/Comparison_of_3d_tools) to observe what I am talking about. For some reason when trying to edit any section, all of the quotes are replaced with &quote; and then the formatting is completely screwed up. TRY IT YOURSELF! Try to simply edit and then submit the Workable Polygon Limit (3GHZ p4 (or equivalent), Average 1gb ram, quad polys) section. Even if you do not change anything, just entering the edit mode, and then submitting it, it completely screws it up. It's really frustrating as this problem makes formatting tables etc. impossible. I'd like some confirmation on these issues. I've tested both of these issues in Mozilla Firefox, Safari, IE 8, and Opera. This stuff needs to get fixed!

mwgriffin
03-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Anyone have ideas as to the cause of this and/or how to fix it?

mwgriffin
04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
I think that this issue only occurs in 3D, 2D, and Animation gallery posts, only in the first post (the one that contains the image etc.) Instead of a " you get

"

which shows up as (actually I cannot even post it correctly without a space between the & and the quot; the as it automatically takes the & and turns it into an ampersand) I've noticed that you can write an & normally, but when you combine it with a quote; it treats the & as actual html code. This is so weird....

& quot;

in the source. So what I think is occurring is that because it isn't a direct post (you post, it appears on cgtalk immediately) like others and instead it is monitored and approved (image is submitted, approved and posted), when it is opened and re-posted the text editor replaces the & with &amp, therefore breaking the

"

This was not an issue as far as I'm aware until the look of CGTalk was redesigned and wysiwyg editor for posts was modified. BTW I liked the old version of the wysiwyg editor, it actually looked like what your post was going to look like (the background was the same as the post color background and the text color was white by default, like the posts). I think it should be changed back... The look of the site is great tho.

Anyone notice this??? I feel like I'm talking to myself...

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.