PDA

View Full Version : messiah FX on TV This Saturday Night!

fwtep
09-05-2003, 06:34 AM
Hey everyone,
This Saturday night (the 6th) if you have the Sci-Fi Channel be sure to watch "Bugs." The film was directed by Joe Conti, whom some of you might remember as the guy who started what became Amblin Imaging, did the first season FX for "The Legendary Journeys of Hercules" (not alone, of course), the opening title sequence for "Men in Black" (the dragonfly), etc.

Not only did Joe direct "Bugs," he was the co-creator of the story (I had my hand in it too, uncredited) and he did all of the visual effects, over 350 shots, himself. (A lot of those shots are just green screens looking out a subway window, not creature shots, but still, that's a LOT of work!) He had some help modeling and rigging (Pat Westlin did a bug setup in messiah), but other than a little messiah help from me, he did everything else himself, in about four months.

The movie is certainly no major blockbuster, but for the time and budget (which was 5x my budget) it's a lot of fun. So if you're around, and if you get the Sci-Fi Channel, take a look. It's on at 6pm (Pacific time), 9pm (US Atlantic and Pacific) and 1am (Atlantic--which is actually Sunday morning). Check your listings to be sure. And tell your friends-- if you still have any after spending all your time with messiah. :-)

You can check out a few pictures of it here: http://www.contifilms.com

Fred

PS: If you miss the movie or don't get Sci-Fi, don't worry, it'll be out on DVD from Universal in October. I know you'll want to buy this instead of the Indiana Jones trilogy. :-) (I'd buy it instead of "Temple of Doom," that's for sure.)

rnb2
09-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Fred,

Thanks for the heads-up! What's the status on your movie, btw?

And you know everybody considers "Temple of Doom" to be a freebie that you get for purchasing "Raiders" and "Last Crusade", right? Well, that's how I see it, anyway..........

Rick

fwtep
09-05-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by rnb2
Fred,

Thanks for the heads-up! What's the status on your movie, btw?

And you know everybody considers "Temple of Doom" to be a freebie that you get for purchasing "Raiders" and "Last Crusade", right? Well, that's how I see it, anyway..........

Rick

I'm still in post-production. We did some reshoots/pick-ups in July and that's all edited in. Now I've got a bunch of effects to do, as soon as I'm done with my immediate messiah work. You'll be seeing some new effects shots soon though.

Fred

fwtep
09-06-2003, 04:11 AM
I just checked on my satellite listings (DirecTV), and it says that "Bugs" is on at 6pm (Pacific), 9pm (Atlantic & Pacific), and 1am (Atlantic). I originally listed just the 9pm and 1am times for both coasts (US).

So make sure you check your listings.

Fred

PS: I'm updating my original post too.

3danim8d
12-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Hi Fred,

Do you have any update on when the Bugs! DVD will be out and if there will be any making of info on it?

Thanks,

Jeff

fwtep
12-07-2003, 07:29 AM
I haven't heard any news on it. I suspect the DVD's been canceled, but I'll see what I can find out.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.