PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a really well written rigging tut

Gkaine
09-05-2003, 04:19 AM
if anyone knows of an above average one. plz post:)

webfox
09-05-2003, 04:55 AM
I don't know what to say...

I mean, there's the LW Resources and LW Tutorials forums linked above in the forum. You can also search the posts here for "rigging" or "tutorial"...

It's not like we're saving "the good ones" for ourselves.

Also, check out Flay.com and newtek.com.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, and no one tutorial will give you the rig that suits you best. You'll have to learn expressions, what plugins can do, don't do, or will really F-up (cough* follower* cough) if you use them incorrectly.

ACS4 is great from what I hear...

Motionbuilder is free for a while yet...

Lots of places to look.

Plan on shaving your head to pre-emptively keep yourself from tearing your own hair out. Spend some quality time with tutorials you've printed out and taken notes in the margines of. Accept that things sometimes take a while to percolate and absorb. Study in the morning instead of late at night... you'll remember more.

Good luck and welcome to the rigging minions. Just sign here with a few drops of blood.

:deal:

:D

Gkaine
09-05-2003, 07:01 AM
ive rigged before. i know what im gettin into.
i only asked because on this forum i normaly find something better then what i know, ie; ill ask one question and get 5 different answers and learn a bunchve new things
im just lookn for short cuts and tricks so was gonna check out whatever was linked from u lw guys n gals here.

webfox
09-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Here's the best free info I've seen. Video format... long downloads. (http://www.digiwonk.com/main.html)

modernhorse
09-05-2003, 02:58 PM
Oh and if you do register at 3d-palace sucessfully, please let me know because I've been trying all week and can't. I want these tuts! :annoyed:

Todd1
09-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by modernhorse
Oh and if you do register at 3d-palace sucessfully, please let me know because I've been trying all week and can't. I want these tuts! :annoyed:

I had the same problem,They never sent me my password so....
This is what I did to get in, I went filled out the form clicked submit
wait a little while,go back to sign in and click forgot or lost password, then fill in the blanks and seconds later I got my password from them to sign in.
Hope that helps:)

froggyplat
09-05-2003, 05:39 PM
i've had a couple people tell me they've had this problem. you can also try olblue@3d-palace.com to let Cris know you are having trouble.

i've had this problem when i've used my hotmail account to register at other forums.

Gkaine
09-05-2003, 10:39 PM
i tried 3d palace but they wont send m myPW. and now when i request PW they want me to give them the activation code. which i dont have either cuz i never got the original email

Remi
09-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Todd Grimes Videos from desktop images.....very nice very simple and very effective...highly recommend it....:)

Gkaine
09-06-2003, 12:34 AM
ill look for todd grimes videos... i use to use his tutorial on evil-plan.com all the time it was great but now its gone:(

milqman
09-06-2003, 01:20 AM
www.mailinator.com

if your looking for a real quick disposible email address (only works for incoming i think)

aurora
09-06-2003, 02:35 PM
I'll second the digiwonk tuts they are GREAT! I have not been to his site site ths last update and managed to get the tuts before all of the problems with the PW you guys are having. I would highly recommend on getting past the problem somehow and getting all of the tuts. The thing I like about them, at least towards the later ones is that he goes into alittle more detail on specializing his rig with sliders and stuff where most people stop before that point. Personally though I take alittle of his style, alittle of Dan's alittle of Larry's and alittle from my experimenting to get a workflow I like. But then thats why I like looking at all these tuts to find something big, better, faster, no technique is perfect.

Chewey
09-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Here's one by MikeRB for rigging legs,

http://www.3dluvr.com/blackbourn/web/tuts/rtut.html

SplineGod
09-07-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Gkaine
if anyone knows of an above average one. plz post:)
Hi Gkaine. Ive done rigging in LW for many years. Ive done it for over 2 years straight for Max Steel and Dan Dare and I mean LOTS of rigs. :)
I have a module which is part of my Character Series that covers just rigging and contains about 13 or so hours of just that. I dont know of anything else for Lightwave that covers the topic in greater depth and I give you unlimted support. You can read about it HERE (http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/professionalcharacterseries.htm)

froggyplat
09-07-2003, 06:19 PM
i got this email from 3d-palace today:

After investigating for some time into this problem it turns out that some of
the leading email hosts have ramped up their email blocking from suspected spam
IP's, www.3d-palace.com is with a large host that happens to also host adult
content on a similar set of IP's to ours.

If you have not recieved your password for your account, the team is manually
enabling accounts at the moment, email your user name to passwords@3d-palace.com
and I will get it dealt with immediately.

so, the password problem should be fixed soon.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.