PDA

View Full Version : Z-depth not work, how I wrong?

Hugh
03-14-2010, 01:49 PM
What is it you're trying to do with the AddChannels node?

I think what you actually want to be using is the Shuffle node (or ShuffleCopy if you want to pull the channels into a different image stream)

Hugh
I have no idea how my post ended up above yours there... Mine was meant to be the reply!

My posts here are in response to this post (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=6411191&postcount=3)

druigant
Hi everybody,

I searched different tutorial about use of zdpeth channel on nuke but without result.

Here a picture of my problem. I rendered my sequence in 2 different tipe, directly on *.exr format (with alpha-zpedth and velocity) and simply in a sequence with different channel...diffuse,reflection,zpedth,velocity etc etc...

In both case when I use the "Zblur" on nuke I see only one plane of 3. And if I see the zdepth channel directly in viewer is completly black! This is that I use the .exr file is I use the "addchannel" to add my zdepth sequence to zdepth layer in nuke.

How you see in picture, on the left side I have the simple zdepth sequence, and on the right the zdepth view...black!! :D

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3179/depthornot.jpg

druigant
03-14-2010, 01:59 PM
AH ok. I need the shuffle and not the add channel ? ok I try

Hugh
03-14-2010, 03:01 PM
The AddChannel node is for adding in new channels with a constant value (0 in your case here). The Shuffle node is for rearranging what channel data in in which channel, which is what you want.

druigant
03-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks Hugh ... now t's work ! thanks

the green plane in zblur not see corerctly..but I suppose is a problem of my zdepth output from max.

Thanks again

druigant
03-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Hugh...another question...and for velocity pass? same procedure? beacuase I try, but if I choose motion on shufflecopy I have only uv coordinate but my velocity pass is a rgb...with 3coordinate..or not?

Hugh
03-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Most of the time when you're applying your motion blur in comp, you're only applying 2D motion blur (X and Y) and ignoring the Z component. It really depends on how you're going to be actually working with the motion pass.

druigant
03-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks Hugh for your support.

here a link of my thread when a Posted now a link of my video.

Thanks so much

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2010, 08:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.