PDA

View Full Version : zbrush smart resym

jthorne19
03-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Dear all,

I have a slight problem and i am hoping you can help me with it. I am modelling a mech spider in zbrush and i have put screws on one side of the body as seperate subtools and then merged them later on to make a complete mesh so i could just resym the detailed half onto the other side. However the smart resym and resym tell me that the "symmetry mapped was not stored" and i have had a look into this and possible reason are because the pivot is off center.So i have tried this and it still doesn't fix the problem. Does any body know a solution to this? Or o you think by adding subtools and merging them that it has some how messed up the symmetry?

please help!!!

Jettatore
03-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Try this. Use the marquee, to mask off the side of the model that looks right, and the use the regular, resym button, repeat this on every level of geometry. Otherwise I would say yes, you somehow broke the models ability to use these features.

jthorne19
03-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Hey Jettatore,

i did read that tip somewhere on the net but disregarded it as a fake way of doing it. However i will give it a try now. I did manage to get the model with symmetry again but i had to go round the houses to do it. Ended up exporting it back into maya and deleting the side i don't want and duplicating the other. Bit of a pain really but next time i will make sure my zbrush mesh is re sym friendly!

thanks for the help

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2010, 10:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.