PDA

View Full Version : Demented3D Animate Tuts

tjnyc
09-05-2003, 02:41 AM
Hey,

I came across this from an old Hash AM link. This guys has 2 tuts for Animate 3.3b.

http://demented3d.com/tutorial/

Kricket
09-05-2003, 04:36 AM
The Basic Rigging tute is a bit jacked and I need to re-do the section on up-vectors (figured out what I was doing wrong)

I plan on redoing the tute soon with a character that has multiple meshes (eyeballs, accessories, etc)

Geco
09-05-2003, 11:19 AM
great work Kricket! :thumbsup:
thanks for this tutorials.

dzogchen
09-05-2003, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the tutes. I notice there are a lot of artifacts in the green input fields, are you using Radeon card too?:shrug:

Kricket
09-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by dzogchen
Thanks for the tutes. I notice there are a lot of artifacts in the green input fields, are you using Radeon card too?:shrug:

Yup, AIW 9700 Pro. Cant there be a great card for both gaming and 3D apps? :annoyed:

Chewey
09-06-2003, 12:57 AM
You're better off just setting up seperate machines and not expect one swiss army knife machine to do it all without problems. I keep my cg machine completely seperate from my games, video playback and internet hookup machine.

Geco
09-06-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Kricket
Yup, AIW 9700 Pro. Cant there be a great card for both gaming and 3D apps? :annoyed:
yes, nvidia cards. http://geocities.com/kl_aktuell/temp/wink.txt

Kricket
09-06-2003, 05:31 AM
I've been hearing the 5900 cards have some issues too (I might be wrong). Anyhoo, when I got my card the 5800's werent even out yet, and I didnt want to get a Geforce4 (need pixel shader madness for Doom3!)

..course, it could just be messiah. my ati ran Animation Master and XSI like a champ.

To get this back on-topic.. any tutorials ppl would like to see written or stuff added to the tutes I have?

So far when I re-do it I'm gonna fix the up-vectors, use a better model, multiple meshes (eyes, accessories, sasquatch lite guides)

*note* Wont do tutes for smooth-wrist rotation or Reverse foot setups.. I learned how to do those from the CharacterFX DVDs and it wouldnt be right to reproduce em. But if I figure out my own way to do them I may write some later.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.