PDA

View Full Version : Game Character: Pele

danielallen12
03-14-2010, 01:04 AM
I Thought i'd try my hand at a Video Game character.
A Work in Progress, I still need to Fit her Armor better.
Any Advice and Critisim is welcome.
She is a Volcanic Warrior, same as the Hawaian Goddess of fire, Pele.
Built and Rendered in Anim8or, Tweaked in Fireworks

Also, the Head mesh (Not the Helmet) and the Torso/Thighs are from Turbosquid...i dont know if that counts as plagarism, since the models were freebies.

Full size here:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/072/0/4/Pele_by_Danielallen12.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/072/0/4/Pele_by_Danielallen12.jpg

Vertex Groover
03-15-2010, 02:26 PM
When it said Pele, I was expecting a completely different person... :)

Its a good start, but theres quite a few peices that could do with improvement. I'm assuming you're fairly new to 3D art but apologies if not...!

Firstly, I don't think its a good idea to use someone elses character mesh, if you're interested in character modelling, you're going to have to get down to basics and start modelling your own mesh. Its probably more important to get that right than the armor of the character because it demonstates your understanding of the human body's shape and form.

Post some wireframes of the model so we can see how you've modelled it, although at a glance, it looks quite blocky and needs more detail in the overall mesh.

Post a poly count as well!

The texturing looks quite streched in places and almost looks like you've simply box mapped the whole armor set. I've never used Anim8tor, so i don't know if you can even accurately unwrap your model in it.

Quite a bit of crit to begin with, its pretty hard to get started with character modelling but it really is a case of trial and error.
You'll make at least 10 below par models before you make one you're happy with.

Also you might want to take a look at 3DS Max or Maya for your modelling needs, not saying they're better than Anim8tor, but they're a more reconised 3D package in the industry.

Good luck!

danielallen12
03-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Im New to 3D Modelling, so your tips are Welcome =)

These are the Statistics of the Model:
Edges: 157119
Faces: 80205

And i agree, i need to start modelling my own heads/bodys, im still a beginner, so i'll stick to Simple Models while i learn.
My computor doesn't meet the requirments of 3DS Max or MAYA.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2010, 06:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.