PDA

View Full Version : Animating a streamer

T0BER
09-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Hello,

I am currently trying to animate a long streamer being blowen around in the wind. The streamer is a nurbs plane object and has many isoparms for deformation.

I have made it a softbody object and attached it to a turbulence field. It has a goal weight that I will paint in later to make one end stick in place.

My problem is that as the streamer is being blowen around the points are pulling apart everywhere. I think I'm supposed to use a spring to constrain their positions to each other but it isn't working. :(

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

galactor
09-05-2003, 12:52 AM
You can adjust the stiffnes and the damping of the springs.
Hope that will help you out.

:: Galactor ::

T0BER
09-05-2003, 05:46 AM
Thanks galactor, I am getting much better results after playing more with those. :) There is still a fair bit of distortion though, but I think I can cover it up for now.

BigSky
09-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Rather than making the whole plane a soft body, make a joint chain,
then make a spline ik with that chain,
and then make the spline ik curve soft (make original soft, goal weight 1;) )
Then, you can assign different weights in the component editor, with particle0 at 1, and reduce the value up to particle n at .1 (or whatever you want).
When you attach your mesh to the joints, it'll be schweet.

:)

T0BER
09-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks for your reply BigSky, sounds like a good idea. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.