PDA

View Full Version : Fusion removing track points

CGough
03-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi, I've recently taken some footage of a scene with track markers on a blue carpet, the footage has been tracked well but now I need to remove the markers in Fusion for compositing later. I've had a poor search on here for an answer but haven't found any and also on google.

Can anybody give me a quick overview of what I should do? required nodes and the sort?

An attached frame from the scene is attached. Also please bear in mind that the footage was shot at HD 1080p so tracking the small markers is easy enough. the attached file is only smaller due to upload constraints.

Many thanks.

mister3d
03-13-2010, 06:18 PM
You can copy areas nearby and put them over the trackers. Those patches can be tracked by the trackers themselves.

CGough
03-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I know that's what I have to do but I'm not sure how to do it in fusion. What nodes I should use and how is what I'm looking for.

savat
03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I know that's what I have to do but I'm not sure how to do it in fusion. What nodes I should use and how is what I'm looking for.

try this tutorial:

http://vfxhaiku.com/2009/10/paint-fixes-101/

mister3d
03-17-2010, 09:24 PM
You can use a paint tool with a clone mode. Then you can attach each paint cloned area and apply a transform node. Then you right-click in the viewport with a transform node selected and choose "effect mask" - "connect to" - your tracker.

CGough
03-20-2010, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the replys. I am lucky enough to have a talented teacher at university who helpt me figure out what to do. Fusion realy is a damn fine program.

mister3d
03-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the replys. I am lucky enough to have a talented teacher at university who helpt me figure out what to do. Fusion realy is a damn fine program.
So...can you tell us a bit?... :D

slayer111
03-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi,dude
first,there are two ways to paint out the markpoint.
A: 1.pick up a single frame including all the points,and use the PS to clean them
2.tracking. make a moving path using 2D tracking in fusion
3.then make the finished patch to match the path .
4. if there is noise ,PLZ be attition
B: use the original footage ,make a mask as the marking point,transform it
hopefully it useful to u

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2010, 09:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.