PDA

View Full Version : Ball Animation Tutorial?

Phoenix951
03-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Well first id like to say wow, this is just the kind of forum I've been looking for. Fully dedicated to CG, good stuff.

Now i ran into a problem, i would like to create a short clip which resembles a clip like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj-b8Yy4hJA but instead using a football. Now i need to find a tutorial on how to do this stuff, can't find one anywhere or I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Is there a specific name for this kind of animation?

Thanks for all the help, I'll defo be posting around here a lot.

PureFX
03-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I haven't seen any tutorials that would show step by step that kind of ball animation and to be honest with you, you don't need any. It's a basic animation put on top of the core video that doesn't require too much knowledge. If you can animate an object in AE and know a little about masks, then you can do it. If you don't know these two, find tutorials about that then. I guess it will be a bit tricky with the football which is bigger, but it can be done obviously. Shoot a video with someone doing tricks without a ball and start playing around.

Phoenix951
03-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Hey thanks for the info, I'll defo check out the tuts and see what i can come up with.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2010, 11:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.