PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush sessions

lemenhatt
03-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi guys,

As I've been wanting to get my skills up to scratch in ZBrush for a while now, I've decided to do one hour sculpting sessions as often as possible. Since I have uni on and work, I don't have too much time on the side to do large projects, so smaller one-off projects are good for me.

I'm also very inexperienced in anatomy and sculpting in general, so I thought this would be a good way to improve on that as well. Thus, I'll be doing mainly organic models.

Here is a timelapse of my first session, I plan to keep posting each session in this thread as it'd be fun to see if and where I improve and where I need to work more. Any critique/comments on my workflow, anatomy and technical stuff will be greatly appreciated.

Video:
Timelapse 12.03.10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49hApmLw7oE)

If there's a better way to host/post videos please let me know. I'm also not entirely sure if this thread is in the right forum, my apologies if it belongs somewhere else.

Thanks heaps,
Petter :)

lemenhatt
03-25-2010, 09:45 AM
After the staggering reception of my first video, I'm now posting my second sculpt. In my head was goggles, but this kinda went nowhere. It's still practice thought, which is the whole point of me doing this.

Is there a reason why no one has replied? Is there simply nothing there worth commenting on, or is it in the wrong forum maybe? Or is it in too much of a beginner stage, and you'd like me to practice more on my own before posting these? I won't be offended by anything you say if I've done something you're not supposed to, even bad criticism is better than no reply at all.

Here's my second sculpt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a75IPRnV4eo)

Cuni
03-25-2010, 04:57 PM
First of all, many thanks for taking your time on recording and posting your sculptings.

About nobody saying a word ... well, if you are not having a word, take it as you still have a long way to go. Don't get dissapointed. People is busy to leave comments everywhere (I'm busy, but I scratched some time to write here)

You can try to post on a website that's more sculpting oriented, so you may get more help and guidance.

Keep working, is not easy but not impossible!

lemenhatt
03-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks for that Cuni, that makes sense. I get that people are very busy and such, I was mainly worried that I'd done something frowned upon or something that I didn't know about :p

That's cool, half the point of posting these is to give myself a little drive to keep working. I'll try to move this to a more specific website too.

Thanks for taking the time :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2010, 08:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.