PDA

View Full Version : Card Compatibility

dzogchen
09-04-2003, 10:09 PM
I have a lot of artifacts in the Messiah Animate Demo interface, especially in the input fields. Is my Radeon 8500 card not compatible or is the Demo version like that??:eek:

rnb2
09-04-2003, 10:23 PM
ATI is notorious for poor OpenGL drivers, and messiah is very picky about OGL compatibility. I know some "fixed" drivers were released for the Radeon 9500 series (iirc) - not sure if these will work with your 8500. You should probably dig around online for ATI drivers with better OpenGL compatibility.

Messiah is happiest on pretty much any nvidia card these days - probably not the answer you would like to hear, but it is the one that is just about guaranteed to eliminate the headaches.

tjnyc
09-05-2003, 08:11 PM
I would also say to get a Nvidia card, if you want something that will work. I have issues with Cinema4D and Messiah using a Wildcat from 3DLabs. So far the only cards that works the best with almost all 3D apps is Nvidia cards, which is the way I am going SOON!

jbw
09-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Hey dzogchen,
You're better off than I was when I had my Ati FireGL 8800? I couldn't use Messiah Animate cos the flippin' card/drivers weren't up to the task of displaying any of the interface - I didn't have any buttons! :annoyed:
I eventually got a Quadro 750 and my M:A world was good again. :)
I think you can pick a GF 4 quite cheap nowadays.

ta,
jbw

jedi71
09-08-2003, 01:07 AM
dzogchen,
the demo version is not like that...it's an ATI issue...no prob with nVidia - gF or Quadro...pmG says that most cards support OpenGL but not all are fully 1.2 compliant e.g. Radeon...pmG's code does some things differently than other apps aparently...the entire interface is OGL based... I have speed problems with 3.3 with my wildcat VP too..demo or not.

pmG and the m:a camp love nVidia...like rnb2 said - probably not the answer you'd like but m:animate is happiest on nVidia.

m:a is a very fast app though :)

cheers, :beer:
Leo

Panikos
09-08-2003, 12:40 PM
:beer:

:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.