PDA

View Full Version : Executing python script on every frame( maybe inside a node)?

notlongago
03-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi

I would like to write a python script that will read some numbers from a text file on every frame. The reason I need this to happen is that the numbers in the text file might change(exported from another app). I know the python side and I think I can write something to bring and apply the values for one timelike read the values from the text file and apply to the intended nodes`s channels. But I cannot think of a way to run the value importer script on every frame.

Any suggestions?

thanks

jorx
03-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Hi notlongago,

Top of my head; you can place python commands into the 'python' tab of any write node. So you could be sourcing a module.procedure from disk, which makes the necessary changes to your script before/after each render.
You might want to think about joining the PyNuke mailing list; might be a quicker response :)

Cheers,
Jordan

notlongago
03-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi Jordan thanks for the reply.

What is the adress for pynuke mailing list? I could not locate it

thanks

alkali22
03-11-2010, 05:17 AM
If you have Nuke open, the fastest way to get to the mailing list home page is to go to Help -> Mailing Lists.

As for your original question, have a look at the "callbacks" section of the documentation.

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2010, 05:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.