PDA

View Full Version : File saving problems... help

electricphoto
03-10-2010, 01:46 PM
I have been having horrible times saving files - very strange. (Vue 8 Infinite on OSX system)

I generally use save regularly as a safety measure to keep from loosing my work progress. About every three or four times I save, Vue pops up a new save file window - why? Rather than save over top of the existing file, I add a number to the filename and continue (project.vue, project1.vue). Vue still shows me one file in its visual browser.

Yesterday after a large render, I saved the file. When it was re-opened the camera was in some strange place looking down. It was the same with its backup file. Yet the visual frame grab in the Vue browser shows my original scene. My camera position is corrupted.

Before that vue was corrupting files on save. I noticed that OSX was seeing my files as vue 7 or vue 8 PLE's or something other than Vue 8 Infinite which is what I have. I removed the previous versions of Vue from my Mac.

No one can afford to work hours on a scene and then have the project file corrupted -- any ideas? This is driving me nuts.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2010, 01:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.