PDA

View Full Version : Channel Editor - Missing Attributes

andoni
03-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Im in process of switching over to Maya, and am "crash coursing" everything into my head. I figured out pretty much the basics of creating geometry/animation/texture etc, but noticed some parameters missing in the Channel Editor. Not sure if I accidentally turned it off, or if Im looking past something simple.

(Using Maya 2010 PLE)

1) Create Cube
2) Open Channel Editor
3) Observe that there are no "input" parameter boxes.

Once you create an object with Maya, are you stuck at those values or can you access width/height after the fact. The only thing I have seen is with the box when you create the geometry, but for some reason, those attributes are not appearing in my channel editor.

Ive been searching everywhere, but don't see any enable/disable properties for the editor.
Can anyone point me int he right direction? What I am overlooking?

Thanks in advance for your help,

A

leif3d
03-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Those parameters should be in your history.
Make sure you don't have history turned off.

Nyro
03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
As leif said, you most probably have construction history turned off. In Maya's default layout, you'll find the tool button to turn history on/off on the top icon shelf (in Maya's UI terms it is referred to as the "status line"). It's in the icon group between the snap settings (magnet icons) and render tools.

If you're not sure if you problem is construction history related, you can also view input nodes in the attribute editor. There, nodes are organized into tabs, with an objects transform and shape nodes being first/left-most. For example, if you create a polygon cube, the attribute editor will show you tabs for: pCuben, pCubeShapen and polyCuben (where n is an arbitrary number). the "polyCube" node is where you can set the initial creation parameters for the object.

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.