PDA

View Full Version : old browser

zokana
03-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi there

Iím using IE5 and your site is getting more and more difficult to use. Well i know how annoying it must be for you having regard for such antique tools, but actually i canít update, using at home an old Mac. I can live without having here the main menu, and since today even without having now the login at the upper page, but do worry a bit about your future developments. Would be nice to have an IE version further on... (otherwise iíll be forced to leave this nice place).

Actually knowing your answer already - just wanted to leave a note. Thanks :)

PS: can't log out anymore...

khendar
03-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Unfortunately you're right, there's no way that we can keep our site current and relevant whilst still supporting antique browsers. Many popular websites are starting to completely drop support for IE6, I dare say most of them have forgotten that there was ever an IE5. I'm sorry that you are finding it difficult to navigate our site, but unfortunately we do not have the resources to dedicate to building an IE5 compatible version for an ever decreasing audience.

zokana
03-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the reply! Well, i won't get around of buying a laptop, just to browse the web :hmm: (It would cost me more than several computers to update to newer system)

:beer:

salmonmoose
03-10-2010, 06:02 AM
Try Firefox.

It seems to work on pretty much every edition of OSX, and there's a port to Mac OS 9.

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/09/07/09/220216/Classilla-a-New-Port-of-Mozilla-To-Mac-OS-9

If your computers much older than that - it's possibly worth thinking about Linux, modern builds will be available for your system (although, you'll have to hunt a little bit) and it'll open up doors to large amounts of modern software.

zokana
03-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks salmonmoose for caring! :cool: Firefox doesnít work for me, having a twelve yo Mac (still working fine and not slower than the workstations at the office). Linux is actually a great idea - iím a big fan of it, loving its interface! Thanks :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2010, 08:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.