PDA

View Full Version : Paint Blendshape Tool only shows targets from one my blendshape nodes

berniebernie
03-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Hello cgtalkers

I have animation blendshapes and corrective blendshapes added to a skinned character as two separate nodes, and I'd like to paint the blendshape influences of both of these nodes, however I can't seem to display all of the targets in the paint options (just the targets from one of the blendshape nodes)

reordering the inputs, node-locking/disabling doesn't do anything. I've looked at the scripts/AETemplates but can't figure it out (yet)

has it happened to someone before ?

Thanks for your input!

Darksuit
03-09-2010, 08:20 PM
When I have done this in the past , I have only seen the blends that were in the first level of inputs. One of the reasons I had to switch up the way I do blends for the game I am working on.

republicavfx
09-24-2010, 08:15 PM
is that the final word on this....ive been having same problem.. seems dumb to have 4 layers of parralel shapes then you cant tweak them duh. what are you doing, just one huge blend shape then painting weights....?

isoparmB
09-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Under Modify - Paint Attributes tool - Option Box, there is an optionunder Paint Attributes that lets you select the attribute to paint, which will affect the Paint Blendshapes Weight tool.

Just have your object selected, invoke the Paint Attributes tool instead of the Paint Blendshape Weights tool, and click on the button that says something like BlendshapeName.targetWeights. A popup menu will appear when you hold it down. You can select the respective blendshapes connected to the object from there, and the tool will convert into a Paint Blendshape Weights tool.

republicavfx
09-28-2010, 08:01 PM
thanks...good tip...duh

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2010, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.