PDA

View Full Version : Movie thriler, special effects (explosions) for 5000$

sarcastique
03-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Hi to all members of CGI society!!

We're from Spain, and we wanted to share with everybody our last action short movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGofNJaz8WI

We used Adobe After Effects, 3dMax and FumeFx for special effects.

Our investment was 5000$ because the major work was done by us 3 people crew: writing, directing, action scenes, editing, trailer editing, photograpy,color correction, SpecialFX, lighting, Web Design and poster creation, Sound design, ADR, foley, music mix.
about a year of postproduction

For details, making off and other technical stuff here CGSociety forum, in our web (ready 19/03/2010), announced in youtube channel.

Hope you'll like it!

yoni-cohen
03-08-2010, 03:23 PM
for some reason it won't play...
When you say $5000 how many working days does it mean?

I'll try again later maybe youtube is to blamed.

Imaver
03-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I get this page opened when i clicking on your links http://www.youtube.com/videos :surprised
Looking forward for fix to watch you video :bounce:

sarcastique
03-08-2010, 08:45 PM
link problem was solved enjoy

JackEbensteiner
03-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Very cool and the quality was really gorgeous! I think that, as a trailer, it might be more successful if it was a bit shorter since I got kind of lost during the last fourth of it. Overall though, very nicely done. It looks great!

sarcastique
03-09-2010, 06:39 AM
thanks!!! I watch your work, impressive!! I love the part with the airplane. I imagine this in a hangar in one of my scenes... :buttrock:

Ryonosuke11
03-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Really nice work! I remember reading about "Project Paperclip" years ago... I always thought it would be a good subject for a film :)

yoni-cohen
03-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Very nice!!!
The director and DP did an awesome job here, I really liked the effects.
The only critic is that the burning car feels off.

Thanks for sharing ;)

sarcastique
03-09-2010, 09:13 AM
thanks!! the car is slowmotion, maybe this is the motive, because at full speed looks realistic, this part neither is finished...

JackEbensteiner
03-09-2010, 03:54 PM
thanks!!! I watch your work, impressive!! I love the part with the airplane. I imagine this in a hangar in one of my scenes... :buttrock:

Haha thank you! I appreciate that. That'd be pretty awesome!

sarcastique
03-12-2010, 07:21 PM
This message is for the people the're reading this post, I supose that a lot of people think is something rare with this because are few details. This isnt a marketing post, because the short it's not for selling...

The purpouse of the short its to demostrate the power of the team to make future projects or a future colaboration.

We ask you people for your opinions because after a year of work we are unable to se errors or if something's wrong, thanks everybody...

Our investment was 5000 euros because the major work was done by us.

The stile of shooting,directing, editing, storyline was especialy made to help the actors (they are not professionals actors) to give their best performance.

Everything was shoot at extreme speed (14 days) depending the disponibility of each person, but without damaging the quality of the short, because we've planed everything, a real challenge for our small team (3 persons).
-----Are only 50 minutes of short because with these methods (without money, facilities, hardware etc) it's imposible to do more. -----

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2010, 07:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.