PDA

View Full Version : Reversing a walk cycle

Fuzquia
03-08-2010, 12:13 PM
I have a character walking from one side of the screen to the other. I created this using the puppet tool.

Usually in flash I could just copy/paste frames and flip it. But how do I do this in AE? I have managed to copy paste keyframes for the return walk cycle. I have also found a function called 'reverese time map footage' (or similiar) but this seems to mess up all puppet tool/graphic position's etc?

I am really struggling to find anything that can help me solve my problem. Also after wasting money on a lynda.com tut I am looking to narrow down terminology etc to help me search for tuts that actually help me! (The tut I have only shows walking one way!)

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you...

PaulDeSilva
03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you're trying to do, but if he's walking one direction across the screen and then you want him to walk the other, couldn't you just precompose the walk, duplicate it, and flip it?

Fuzquia
03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
hey Paul, thanks for advice

Yeah that is what I usually do in flash but I am new to AE and trying to work out how to do this simple task! When you say 'precompose', this is the terminology I was looking for (sorry for being a newb!).

I have now searched for this term via google and found a nice doc explaining all. So thought I would post it in case anyone else comes across this post with the same problem. Thanks for pointing this term out to me I appreciate it!

How to precompose:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/8.0/help.html?content=WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906c6dea-7ece.html

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.