PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Own VEG File

Linden-Stirk
03-07-2010, 06:53 PM
I have a bunch of Xfrog trees that are in VOB format, but I'd like to make them usable by Vue's ecosystem. Is there a way to convert or save a VOB as a VEG file? :shrug:

Linden-Stirk
03-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Right after I posted my question I had an idea. :lightbulb I can simply import an object in an ecosystem. Stupid me...

nPellegrino
03-20-2010, 06:29 AM
veg files render faster than object files in ecosystems, but it is currently impossible to create your own custom veg files.

just in case anyone was looking into it, it's a question i hear a lot.

Linden-Stirk
03-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply. I didn't know if it were possible or not. But rendering vob objects does take A LOT longer, which I did not expect.

nPellegrino
03-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah really kind of strange, not sure I understand it, but that's part of the solidgrowth tech i think.

even a single polygon takes longer to render than a veg tree, might have something to do with the internal aa settings and shaders.
in a previous version of vue i cranked up the aa as high as it would go to get the branches of a tree to render correctly, still looked like crap, haven't tried in the newest release but so far everything looks ok.

Linden-Stirk
03-20-2010, 05:28 PM
I imported Xfrog trees (as vob objects) into Vue and they rendered well, thankfully.

Here's the scene that I was making with the Xfrog vob's.
http://stirk.cgsociety.org/gallery/

nPellegrino
03-22-2010, 07:55 PM
good to hear, xfrog trees are quite good. i haven't really tried them since version 5, looks like I'll be loading them up again.

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2010, 07:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.