PDA

View Full Version : [Help] After Effects CS4 Sound Problem (Mac)

ChronicTruant
03-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Ok I have a problem with my sound inside of after effects. The audio is really hight pitched and sounds like a chipmunk is talking. But the sound is the same length as is should be when its not chipmunk-sounding.. Does anyone know what's going on... I'm really stuck and i need to fix this because I can't sync audio and video properly. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

PreatORiAn
03-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Had similar problems when changing the fps. You're sure you're not timeremapping anything or changing the speed in any way?

Khalor
03-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Also what sample rate (48kHz, 44.1kHz, etc) are your sound files? I don't generally work with audio inside After Effects, but I've seen mixed sample rates cause issues like this in other apps.

suztv
03-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Make sure that the source file is an aiff or uncompressed wav and the kHz match your comp (if the comp setting uses 48kHz then make sure that is what the source is at).

If this doesn't solve the issue it might be hardware related but I'm uncertain that that would be the case. It's usually the source file or the output settings that would cause this issue.

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2010, 02:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.