PDA

View Full Version : Walkthrough making racetrack

mikkot
03-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi guys!

Been surfing around the net and suddly got an idea to make a walkthrough making a racetrack.
Idea of the video is not exactly showing HOW to do but more of how to THINK.
hopefuloly you guys like it.

link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfbVtRi3ejk

cheers!

/mikko

GradiusCancer
03-07-2010, 04:12 AM
pixel wipes for EVERY transition?! My eyes are dead.

Great video though!

mikkot
03-07-2010, 09:51 AM
thanks mate. made the video in the moment of heat, so video was made very quick. hopefully your eyes can survive it.

/cheers!

Vertex Groover
03-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Good stuff. The detail in particular seemed nice and simple, yet effective.

Is there a surface tool in 3DS Max for smoothing? I can see that being very useful.

Identity3D
03-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Wow really simple and clean tutorial cheers mikkot. I really like the way you created the details.

mikkot
03-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi there!

Thanks guys for the positive feedback. Nice to hear that you people like it.

About suface tool in MAX im not sure about it totally but you can use relax/smooth vertexes - just select the vertexes you want to get smoothed / relaxed and apply it. That should be in MAX. Works the same way but you loose the "paint" feel. If there is someone using MAX maby could make a post here?

Cheers all!

/Mikko Tahtinen

kromano
03-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I agree with all the comments so far, especially about the pixel wipes. Very simple ideas to quickly produce a complex track. I'd never really sat down and puzzled it out, but I often wondered about techniques for producing things like roads and city streets.

mikkot
03-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi again!

Thanks for input.

There are couple of otherways doing the polygons, depending how exact you want the polygons created. But the way i did was a approximartion but its good enough.

about pixel wipes, hopefully your eyes will survive... ;)

/Mikko

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2010, 10:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.