PDA

View Full Version : dragon cave entrance

kamepl
03-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm making "dragon cave entrance" and as I don't have much experience YET :) I like to hear some comments and opinions. Currently I don't know if I should go with comics like painting or try to do something more realistic with it?

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1484/tlosmok3.png

ps. I use wacom and mypaint software.

wolfSage
03-14-2010, 11:15 AM
I'd say that was up to you, there is no right or wrong way...
If I was you I'd just experiment and see what looks best for this picture.

stanmoua
03-16-2010, 04:17 AM
Think like a dragon. They like to eat, so maybe some bones here or there. Is it a fire breathing dragon? then if it is, you should make those tree trunks burnt from fire. Do some quick research on how lizards live and see what other thing you can add to your images since they are similar in a way.

kamepl
03-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Hmmm... the bones are a very good idea - Thanks ! According to the trees - I already though about making this more like burned - in the middle almost fully burned and on the left leave some half burned tree.

As I am still learning this only the first part of the work for me. When I will have some good background I wanted to put there a knight and fire flame that will fly out from the cave.

kamepl
03-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Until now I have started the comics way painting.
The trees are still left and I thinking about other details than I can add there.

Anyway please comment what is good or bad painted - specially does the lights and shadows are good enough.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9787/tlosmok7small.png

stanmoua
03-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Is it a very sunny day or just a cloudy day. Cause right now it looks like a cloudy day. Reason why I ask is because I notice a harsh shadow from the right rocks. Only bright day light does that where cloudy day it cause it to have a softer shadow.

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2010, 09:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.