PDA

View Full Version : Lignting & Compositing Demoreel 2010

neeraj1208
03-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm Neeraj Pattani from Singapore and I just finished my final year of my diploma program. Here's a reel that I created of my recent lighting works:

Lighting & Compositing Demoreel 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXM76pkfT8)

Comments are most welcome :)

Cheers,
Neeraj

JackEbensteiner
03-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Overall you have some nice stuff there Neeraj! I have a few crits, but you have some pretty beautiful stuff in there.

I know that you're going for lighting/compositing, but I was actually a little distracted by the models In the first scene just because there are some anatomical and posing things that feel odd. For example, the old man's elbows should probably be resting on the arms of the chair and the little girls palms seem too long. That scene also felt a bit too soft overall. Some of it being that way is totally cool, but a couple sharper elements here and there would add a nice balance. Again, overall it was nice and it read well :)

In a couple of the darker scenes, the colors were awesome. I love the blues. I think that they could've been a bit lighter in some areas, like in the first one I would've liked to see more of the pages of the book and inside the lantern. As I said though, the colors are very nice :)

That airplane was gorgeous! That was extremely well done. I'm an animation student and I'm actually working on a piece involving some airplanes right now and that looks like it'd be really fun to work with! Nice job!

I might rethink your music choice for the reel - it's a bit too heavy and harsh for what you're showing. Something a bit more calming would probably fit better. It's a very nice reel overall, so keep it up! :beer:

neeraj1208
03-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Thank you so much for the crit Jack. I really appreciate it. No doubt I agree with you about the anatomy and the posing of the models. I'll work on that :) But thanks so much on the overall crit :) Comments like these help a lot to make one improve in the future when creating reels. Really appreciate that :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2010, 03:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.