PDA

View Full Version : Particle Flow; Split particles based on index

gainsay
03-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm trying to do something that I thought was going to be easy, but has been causing me trouble for the past two hours. What I'm trying to do is have 100 particles spawn on frame 1, lock them to the same animation as the emitter (which has a path animation), and then have one particle sent to another event with a Speed operator set to 0.

The end result on frame 100 would be the same as having one particle emit every frame from the pivot (one long string of particles), but I need them all born at frame 1..

What I've tried is an animated Split Amount operator, Lock Bond, the 'Lock on emitter' setting on and off but nothing works.

I would know how to do it with XSI's ICE where I'd make a check that looks at a particles index number and if it's lower than the current frame it can pass through to the next event.

Hopefully one of you could help me out! (Using Max 2010 btw).

gainsay
03-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Found the answer, an animated group selection operator with a split group test did the job.

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2010, 10:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.