PDA

View Full Version : Summer memories

krstic
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Last summer Chispy Mustard commercial for Middle East region.

Cheers.

http://zorankrstic.com/filmovi/ChipsyMustard.html

JackEbensteiner
03-07-2010, 04:19 PM
That was pretty cool! I liked it. My favorite part was right at the beginning when the foam of the waves became the clouds.

What software did you use?

A few minor crits are that the mustard stuff overall seemed to happen a bit too quickly (like the way it disappears after writing on the balloon). I realize the time constraints of the ad obviously were the reason for that since you had so much happen in that short bit. I also think that the way the different elements ended up on the bag was cool, but the jetski was a bit lost because it happened at the same time as the mustard swinging onto the bag. The time between the mustard and the blue balloon though was good.

Regardless, that was a fun piece! Nice work!

krstic
03-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks for reply.

It's done in XSI, Max, RF and After Effects, but as director (you can check my work on zorankrstic.com) I was more focused on other things.

With short commercials you always have timing issue. But if I want to be self critical, after 6 months I can tell - it's quick, it's dynamic, it's fluent, it's fun, but it's kind of empty! Noting special happened. But that's probably case with summer fun - it's very nice, entertaining, quick, and always seems short. Just memories remain:)

All of us learning a lot from own experiences, so thank you for your valuable opinion.

alaa-afifah
03-08-2010, 06:10 PM
good work man i like it
keep...up

JackEbensteiner
03-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Haha definitely, it does capture the essence of summer that way! And you're right, I can absolutely see how difficult the time constraints can be. Overall it was well-paced though. It was high energy and quick, which suited it well.

I checked your site and that Mirinda work was really impressive! Really cool how you were able to control the fluids that well, so great job with that! The pepsi can animation has to be my favorite though. I love those moves! I would've like to see that play out longer, but alas, the time constraints of a commercial strike again! Very awesome though.

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2010, 05:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.