PDA

View Full Version : Character WIP: Space Scientist

olson889
03-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Hi guys posting my first character thread here.

Started her earlier this week and finished the low poly. Right around 9.5k tris.

Supposed to be an explorer/ researcher of various planets.
The stuff on her back is just various equipment, and its a little hard to make out from so far away without a texture.

Let me know what you guys think, I'd love some feedback.

olson889
03-05-2010, 12:52 AM
here are some wireframes

enjoy

Identity3D
03-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi olson its a good start but you really need to take some time and look at your model.The first thing i noticed was the arms, they look to long and also her right arm is longer than the other. I also think you have the character looking to straight there should be a curve in the body from the side pose look at reference to get this right Google is your firend here. Looking at the top of the arms the way you have cut/welded the verts wll not help you if you try bending the arm later on. Also the boots need a lot of work also look for reference for this, you can find crazy boot designs by just searching. also you say 9k+ do you still have the underlying geo under that coat? as 9k+ is a lot for that character. Keep it up practice and patients is the key here.

olson889
03-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the comment. I have a couple of questions though.

For the arms I'm not sure which edges you're referring to that would give me problems.

and as for the poly count. Most of my tris come from the head (over 2000) and hands (1000) each. Do you think this is too much for these parts. I can post pictures of the head if you'd like to see it.

Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2010, 04:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.