PDA

View Full Version : xStream for Maya plant load painfully slow?!

cesboa
03-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Hi guys!

I'm trying out the trial for xStream 8 for Maya - It's a strange workflow and very unstable, but it looks things can be done :)

The biggest problem/issue I'm currently having is it's painfully slow to load stuff like plants that have alot of faces/objects. When loading or reloading a vue scene into maya or changing the material or structure of a plant object Maya locks up for 0.5-3 minutes pr. plant while loading or applying the shader/shadergroup pr. object multiple times like so:

sets -e -forceElement lambert260SG;
// lambert260SG //
// lambert260SG //
// lambert260SG //
// lambert260SG //
// lambert260SG //
etc.
etc.
etc.

I think it's slow because maya/vue prints the mel/result out for every face the the script editor and really kills (like turning on "echo all commands").

Does anyone know how to suppress the evaluation or how to turn it of in vue or maya - or who is messing this up :)

Thanks ;)

Ps. I have posted this in both the vue and maya forum because it could be both a maya and/or vue issue... Maybe somebody knows how to suppress it via mel?

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2010, 12:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.