PDA

View Full Version : Merge size of BG/FG independent

Unaided
03-03-2010, 09:35 PM
When connect a couple of clips with a merge node, the merge node always take size of FG input clip.

The problem of this is that for instance I have a BG clip of 2000x1200px and FG clip size is 300x300px and I want repeat tiled the FG clip using a Transform op, filling BG clip in a merge node.

Is possible to set bbox of merge node keep size parameter to 1?

In Nuke is possible to use bbox of BG or FG clip of the merge operator.

pingking
03-06-2010, 08:29 PM
from my experience the output size of a merge is always calculated from the BG input.

if you move a FG object out of the BG then the DOD/bbox gets adjusted to the new wider area. you can afterwards "crop" it back with a "SetDomain" tool

Unaided
03-07-2010, 12:22 PM
However I don't understand how to merge computed its size. In the beginning get the size of BG input, but I have the same problem when I want make a tile texture from a BG clip.

I use a Transform activating Warp option for repeat clip, but the merge size do limit the canvas.

I don't see how building a canvas with a I wish size for tilling texture, and that any merge in the composition has not crop this canvas.

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2010, 12:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.